Christmas Countdown: 8 Days!
10:53:00 PM
How have you guys been? I hope you're enjoying your life wherever you are.
It's Saturday today and I know I said I kinda like being able to wake up early and make the most of my day, but being woken up super early at 8am is more than a bit annoying on a Saturday when I just want to sleep in.
Anyway, we were woken up but stupid housemates who don't know how to keep their voices down in the morning knowing people are probs still asleep. To them they probably think, "oh, it's 8am. It's an acceptable time to be up and so I can make all the noise and be as loud as I want". Again, inconsideration. I hate it with a passion.
Breakfast. Played boardgames. I still keep losing but sometimes I don't come last and my scores are getting higher, so I suppose I'm improving?
I made scones today. That was a super fail. I think it's cause I didn't roll it out thick enough and overbaked it by a minute or two? I don't know but the scones didn't rise and it was tough. It was basically bread. I was really disappointed. And then I fed it to the boy and my sister and her boyfriend. And the boy just laughed at me. It was pretty rude tbh. He didn't get anymore than the half I gave him. It hurt that he just laughed and it wasn't a small "oh, don't be silly" laugh. It was a full HA HA HA HA laugh and he couldn't stop. I'm like what the fuck? isn't this time for you to either, comfort me by saying, "Nah it's okay" or give me some constructive feedback?
I would have been okay if he just agreed and said "Yeah, it's a bit hard, maybe take it out earlier next time?" which was what my sister said. All he did was laugh. So he doesn't deserve any more of my baking. Not like he's losing out on much. Well, it wasn't SOOO bad after you top it with my jam and the cream I whipped. But it was still pretty tough.
After baking, we played a few more games and then got ready for his Christmas party.
I wore my full white outfit again. He really liked it last time I wore it, but his reaction this time was a little underwhelming. Sigh. Boo. We were running a little late and have to powerwalk to the station and my god it was humid! By the time we got to the station, we were both sweating but thank god for the AC on the train.
I spent the ride trying to tie his tie to it would fit him. It was always too long or too short. Urgh, swear tying a tie in highschool wasn't as hard. But I ended up producing a nice pretty tie that he wore. It gave me little fuzzies being able to tie his tie for him. It's just something I've always dreamed of when I was a kid. Getting married and tying your husbands tie. You know that scene that I'm talking about. I think that's why I've always been a little obsessed with having a tie as part of my highschool uniform. But I defs won't be a stay home wife. I'll have my own career and be independent.
The party was pretty fancy. Like my work Christmas party (which I missed cause I had to study), it was at the MCA. I'm glad I didn't wear heels though, there weren't any chairs around and after two hours of standing around, my feet were killing me and I was just wearing flats! It's insane. The food was good. They kept bringing around the same things in the beginning and I loaded up on it; peking duck, tuna thing and calamari. And I loaded up on the wine. So I was pretty sad that the really food came later and I was too full by then. I just had a bite of the risotto. But I also spied on some curry fried rice and burgers and fish and chips that were floating around and I missed it :(
The boy said that he was going to the party to load up on food and will leave and doesn't feel like socialising but my fucking god I knew he was lying. He made his rounds I was exhausted. I ended up staying with some girls I knew from my society for a bit while he was making talk with people he knew. I just felt awkward standing around and not having anything to contribute to the conversation.
Only later, he introduced me to his team members and I met his leader and managed to get some networking done. Got his business card. Wheew! Will be shooting him an email soon... or maybe I should wait until the new year? I'm not sure.
Anyway, we managed to catch some dessert coming around, again, super shame that I was still full but I had one of the chocolate mousse, cherry thing and it was divine. I love dessert. Then we headed home, thank god. Except it's cold out now and I didn't bring a jacket. Double sigh.
Got home and I am exhausted! Going to conk out now.
Three things I'm grateful for:
- Warmth and shelter of my home
- The opportunity to go to a work Christmas party cause I missed out on mine.
- The kind comments I got from everyone about my nails and my outfit. It was very flattering :)
0 comments