Happiness overload.
6:26:00 PM
Heya guys! It's been a while! :)
Some random updates and thoughts:
- Did I tell you I'm planning to go to China early Jan next year? Nothing's set yet, since I haven't bought my flights but I'm going! :D I'm pretty excited about it. It's really unfortunate that it'll be smack bang in the middle of winter, but HEY I'm sure it'll be a great experience nonetheless.
- For the past few weeks I've been VERY busy. If you ever heard this line from most of my friends, they'll tell you how much work they have and how stressed they are about internships, assignments, studying, exams etc.etc.etc. and although I do have these worries too, I've been going out SO FRIGGEN OFTEN! No joke. Every weekend for the past few weeks, going out 3 days in a row. I would take a photo of my calendar as proof but I cbb. It really is disgustingly awful. This will probably come bite me in the ass during exam period and I'll probably tell you how much I regret going out so much... but honestly, I have been feeling so...happy lately. So free.
- To be more specific, last weekend and the past few days were probably the happiest I've felt in a VERYY goddamn long time. Just a friggen bundle of happiness.
- Thursday 12/05: Cruise - Angels and Demons. I can safely say that it was the BEST CRUISE EVER. Just. So. Fun. Clean room. Picking up friends. Chilled. Getting ready. Dressed up. Pepper lunch for dinner! Dancing. Meeting random people. Laughing with friends. Hanging with friends I haven't seen in a while. Drinking. The wind and cool air on the deck of the boat. Flirty guys. Nice strangers who let us join their group and danced with them. Tequila shots (I'm getting into them again), after party, after after party at Ivy. Sneaky maccas - 40 nuggets. I got a free stool from a random on the train! (a nice souvenir I'll keep to remind me of this night's memories :D ). And then I had a slumber party at my place with Ems. Urgh. If it was possible to die of happiness...
- Friday 13/05: Was so dead at work since I didn't get enough sleep. I was distracted all day and the only thing keeping me awake was my phone and texting people every 5 minutes. After lunch, my boss called me into her office and I was so scared that she was going to give me a warning for being on my phone so much (and honestly, I was also on Struggle Street trying to keep my eyes open that day) and when she handed me an envelop, I thought I was going to be fired. But turned out she wanted to thank me for the great work so far and wanted to give me a gift voucher! It was the first time ever getting a reward for my hard work from a boss (they already pay me for the work for god's sake!). It was so surreal and it tickled me with happiness. I also felt really guilty for being on my phone so often and dozing off. I can see how bonuses can be used as incentives. After work that day I had a rooftop bd party! Saw some old high school friends. Emily came again and I actually really like it that she's going out with me more. Maybe I'm corrupting her. Is that bad? Met new people. Drinks. Food. Got into the Star with an expired license (I really need to sort that shit out). Free tickets into OPM. Whoop whoop whoop.
- Saturday 14/05: Mama's bd celebration!!! I was supposed to go down and help set up but I had a mini panic attack when I realised I hadn't started my assignment due on Monday so I asked to come late so I could stay home and get some work done in the morning. Turned out that it was good that I did that anyway, cause by the time I arrived, they hadn't even started prepping! I babysat my niece and nephew for a few hours and that was enough to turn me off the idea of ever having babies. If I ever do, my kids better be well behaved!!
- I actually reeaally love these family gatherings. I never had it whilst growing up (cue sobstory), so I'm glad we at least have it now. Seeing the whole fam together. I love it so much :)
- Sunday 15/05: Crammed assignment - Okay, so don't think I did anything exciting here, but it's actually really nice to get some work done for once. I just need to remember that it feels nice to be productive and maybe I'll actually be productive more often. Yeah, not happening :'(
- Monday 16/05: Handed in my assignment - it was actually SUCH A STRESSFUL MORNING/AFTERNOON. But I was so happy I got it over with. Was in a great mood all night when I got home. I socialised with my housemates, played a second game of Catan against my sister (AND I WON!!!!), watched an episode of GoT. They mentioned making Monday night GoT night...but I don't know if it'll actually be a thing. It was so fun though (even though I don't watch GoT, maybe I'll get into it afterall) :D Hopefully, we'll have a boardgame night too heeeheee
- Tuesday 17/05: Werk werk werk. Attended a lot of meetings. Had the BEST team meeting everrrrr. Our team meetings are supposed to be a "what have you been up to" updating session, but it's probably more like a chit-chat sesh. This meeting was the best so far. Topics ranged from plagiarism to Disney, to patent and copyright law. As if having such an inspiring meeting wasn't enough, at the end of the day, I got free tickets to go watch a play from a co-worker. He couldn't make it to the play that night so he gave it to me. YAAAAAYYY. I had to frantically find someone to come with me though since it was so last minute. I thought it'd be easy but friggen everyone was busy that night for some reason. It was like everyone's stress levels decided to peak. Anyway, I ended up finding someone. Thank god. Would have been such a waste if I didn't. And the play was AMAZEBALLS! I actually forgot how fun it is to watch a play. More happiness. And it was free! Best. Evaaaaaaaaa!
- Wednesday 18/05: So I had signed up to do a paid experiment at uni before my classes this day and typical me was running late as always. I swear I didn't think I was going to make it but I did! YAY. The experiment was actually really interesting... I think it was kinda rigged though.
- Basic rules:
- You could either be the buyer or the seller.
- Products sold can be of either high quality (worth E$100) or low quality (worth E$60). The quality of the product is determined based on probability.
- 1. The seller can invest some E$ to influence the probability -
- e.g. Pay E$1 for 10% chance of it being high quality etc.
- 2. The seller then blindly sets a price for the product.
- 3. The buyer is shown the quality of the product (the seller doesn't get to know) and the price and then decides whether they want to buy it.
- The aim of the game is to make the most profit.
- Profit is calculated as follows:
- If buyer accepts, seller's profit is (Price - Investment cost) and buyer's profit is (Quality Worth - Price)
- If buyer rejects, seller's profit is (- Investment cost) and buyer receives the product anyway and receives E$60 profit independently of the quality.
- DO YOU SEE HOW RIGGED THAT IS?! I was the buyer so all gee. But like how is the seller supposed to win in this situation? You probs have no idea what I'm saying since I didn't provide you specific numbers but I was just so confused. I ended up being paid $30 for that 1hr experiment though, so all is good.
- Then I went to a free BBQ. YAY. And then went to class where I got my Midsemester quiz back and I did pretty well! - pretty proud.
- After uni I had a study date - I got SOME work done, but honestly wasn't much. But I appreciated the nice change of pace though :D
- Thursday 19/05 - Today! Class was pretty dull today. I should have probably paid more attention, but I spent it online shopping. I was looking up Wifi SD cards for my china trip...so it was productive in a way?
- The weather was fab today btw. I love it when the weather is great when I go out... just lifts my mood! The blue sky. The warm sun. It was a tad cool but in all it was great weather!
- Emily came over and we chilled. So fun! I love it when she comes over. I had like rants to her and she did some of her stuff and then read a book in bed (my bed is the best - ignoring the fact that it friggen creaks like no tomorrow). I didn't get any work done though, but still.
- Speaking of work, exams are in less than a month - I'm not really looking forward to it (does anyone ever?). Need to study desperately.
- But honestly, I've been having so much fun lately. It's cray cray! I hope this isn't like taking up all my happiness for the next few weeks... I'll need all the help I can get to get through the exam period. Lawd save my soul.
And with that, I shall take my leave. God knows when I'll update again so peace out and happy stalking! :D
0 comments